Cutting the cord has become even easier and more flexible since Showbox hit the market. This app was developed by Andrew Crow and his tech team to allow Android users subscription-free access to quality streaming video content on the go, and the simplicity and virtually trouble-free access made it a smash hit with the Android crowd; now, you can enjoy it on almost any platform.
Why You’ll Like Showbox APK
Showbox isn’t blocked or restricted geographically. Anywhere you’re located with your mobile device, you can stream high-definition content. You can also download and save content for viewing offline or create a list of binge-watching old favorites later. This entertainment hub has a user-friendly interface for easy navigation, and the latest Showbox release allows you to:
• View fresh content daily
• Get new release updates
• Add subtitles
• View new trailers instantly
• Access it using different media players and servers
• Download directly from torrents
• Choose your resolution, including 360p, 480p, and 720p
• Earn points and cash rewards
• Spread the love for free via sharing platforms like Facebook, WhatsApp, SHAREit, Hangouts, Bluetooth, and more
If you have an Android-compatible device or smart TV, PC, Mac, or iOS-based mobile device, you can install and use this app. Best of all, streaming content from Showbox is legal, free, and served to you in full HD; no registration is necessary.
Showbox App Download for Android Mobile Devices
Although Showbox was developed specifically for Android-supported devices, you won’t find it in the Google Play Store. It is a third-party app and must be sideloaded after downloading Showbox APK to your device. The procedure is similar to any hand-held smartphone or tablet with a few variations.
To install the app on your smartphone, go to Settings > Security > Turn on “Unknown Sources.” Open your browser and click on the Showbox app download link. After downloading the app, open the file and follow the installation process. Once the program is installed, you should have full functionality.
Receiving an error message that says “Unfortunately, Show Box has stopped” simply requires navigating to Settings > General > Apps > Show Box > Clear data & Clear cache and restarting the app. If you receive a parse error, a message that the file is corrupt, or a message that your OS is not compatible, your device may be too old for the latest Showbox release. You can update your OS to the latest version and reinstall APK. If that doesn’t solve the problem, you can access any earlier versions of Showbox going back to the first release, 3.1, here.
Supported devices: All smartphones and tablets with Android operating systems; BlackBerry 10, Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30, 9982, 9983, Passport, Classic, Leap, Priv, and new phones with BlackBerry OS 10.2 or later; Kindle Fire HDX, Fire HD 6, 7 and the Amazon Fire Phone are compatible with Showbox.
Pro tip: You can stream Showbox directly to your smart TV via Chromecast and sync your hand-held device to your non-Android smart TV or install direct if your TV is compatible. The steps are as follows:
1. Download and install LocalCast from the Google Play Store on your TV
2. Select “video” in the “more options” part of the resolution selection taskbar
3. Select “other player” in the VLC drop-down menu
4. Select “play video” and open with LocalCast
Showbox APK Installation for Mac and PC
PC, Mac, and laptop users don’t have to miss out on streaming with Showbox just because they’re not mobile. Apple and Windows operating systems can install and stream with Showbox using an Android emulator like BlueStacks or ARC Welder. You can also install Showbox on Macs with Genymotion Mac OS X 64 bits, which is an Android emulator specifically for Macs.
Installation Using ARC Welder:
1. Open Chrome (or download and install it if you don’t already have it on your Mac or PC)
2. Download and install ARC Welder
3. Click on “Add to Chrome”
4. Select “Add app”
5. Open ARC Welder and then hit “choose” to pick a directory or create a new one
6. Download Showbox to your computer and add it to your ARC Welder directory
7. Run “Test” to test the app; you should be good to go
Supported devices: Laptops, notebooks, and desktop computers that use Windows 7, 8, and 10 or Mac OS can use this method.
Pro tip: If you don’t want to use an emulator to install Showbox on your Mac or PC, you can download whatever content you want to watch on your phone and then copy the file to your computer.
Showbox Download and Installation for iPad and iPhones
iPhone enthusiasts may never get with Android, but that doesn’t mean they have to miss out on Showbox’s trouble-free streaming. There are two methods you can use to get access.
Movie Box Method
With this procedure, you need to have an iOS mobile device, a PC running Windows, Mac OS, or Linux, and an Apple ID.
1. Download and install Cydia Impactor
2. Connect your device to your computer
3. Download Movie Box .IPA
4. Enter your Apple ID and password
5. Go to Settings > General > Device Management > select your Apple ID > and select “Trust”
Note: Since you’re using your legitimate account with Apple ID, you’ll have to repeat the last part every seven days.
Installing With vShare
To install the app using vShare, you’ll need a Windows computer and your iOS hand-held device.
1. Download and install vShare helper
2. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer
3. Select trust on your mobile device when the prompt pops up
4. The app will automatically install on your device when the installation is complete
Supported devices: These methods work for iPhones and iPads supporting iOS 7 or higher.
Pro tip: If your device isn’t jailbroken, you can install Showbox by downloading Cydia Impactor and then adding http://cydia.dtathemes.com/repo to your source. Next, open dtathemes Repo > dta-apps > and use that route to download and install Movie Box.